In short Foot health and lightweight summer wear are not a contradiction. Orthopedist and foot expert Dr. Matthias Manke from Bochum tested the new ErgoPad ID:Sandal from Bauerfeind. In his view, these sandals are a perfect solution for patients with foot orthoses who want to wear open sandals.
- Each footbed for the Bauerfeind sandals is made to measure.
- Medical retailers order the sandals using the Bodytronic ID:CAM web application. The complete assembly kit is delivered within 48 hours.
- The orthotist then precisely adapts the individual components of the sandals and assembles them.
- Foot orthoses should always be prescribed along with exercise recommendations.
- Healthy feet dispose of strong, intrinsic muscles supporting the foot arch. When exercising the feet, specific attention should be paid to these muscles.
- The Bauerfeind sandal activates the muscles and can have a positive effect on the patient’s gait and posture.
- A good fit prevents claw toes and their manifestation into a spread foot.