In short Since 2001, Bauerfeind has been presenting the Bauerfeind Phlebology Award in cooperation with the International Union of Phlebology (IUP). With the prize money of 20,000 Euros, Bauerfeind wants to support outstanding studies in the area of phlebology in connection with compression therapy.
- The study design by Prof. Dr. Kasuo Miyake (São Paulo, Brazil) and Prof. Fabricio Santiago that received the award in 2022 will examine what is more beneficial for those subjected to extensive phases of standing at work: wearing compression stockings or lymphatic drainage.
- Prof. Alberto Caggiati from Rome (2018 Award Winner) showed in ultrasound examinations that regular use of compression stockings reduces signs of tissue inflammation, both on a cutaneous and subcutaneous level.
- Dr. habil. Győző Szolnoky from Szeged (Hungary) examined the cardiological effects of compression therapy in cases of lipedema and lymphedema.
- All supported studies provide grounds for further research to better understand the mechanisms of action that compression products offer.
- With the Phlebology Award, Bauerfeind helps share important insights substantiated by studies with the practical world of vascular medicine.